For more than a century, Federated Insurance Companies has provided peace of mind to business owners through valued insurance protection.
Federated’s national headquarters is located in Owatonna, Minnesota, with a regional office in Phoenix, Arizona, and several service offices located throughout the country. Federated has more than 2,600 employees and operates in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
Federated specializes in business insurance for selected industries, including:
- Auto service centers (general repair, quick lube)
- Building material dealers and wholesalers
- Cabinet and custom woodworking shops
- Contractors (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, sheet metal, refrigeration, water conditioning)
- Dairy equipment dealers
- Equipment dealers (agricultural, lawn and garden, construction)
- Franchised auto and truck dealers
- Funeral services
- Jewelry retailers
- Machine and tooling shops
- Motorcycle dealers
- Petroleum marketers and convenience stores
- Petroleum transport
- Retail operations (auto parts, hardware, farm and home supply)
- Tire dealers
- Wholesale operations (beverage, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and office product distributors)
Today more than 400 trade associations and industry organizations recommend one or more of Federated's programs.
The company was rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company for 2011. For the latest rating, access www.ambest.com. Federated was also included in the 2012 Ward's 50group of companies that have excelled at balancing financial safety, consistency, and performance over a five-year period (2005-2011).